Campus Announcements in the My Cal Poly Portal are intended to offer brief and timely information about campus policies, academic and financial aid deadlines, academic workshops and other items of interest to the entire campus community.
Campus Announcements are only available for on-campus organizations and are given preference for posting based on the following order of importance:
- Messages from departments, divisions or offices critical to the entire campus community (emergency messages, urgent deadlines, etc.)
- Messages applicable to a majority of campus constituencies
- Messages applicable to a majority of a specific campus constituency
Announcements need to be submitted at least one week prior to the requested post date. Exceptions to this deadline will be made at our discretion.
Your submissions should include the following. We may edit submissions for brevity.
- Suggested headline
- Abstract (Subheader) of 150 characters maximum. This text will appear directly below the headline.
- Full URL if you are linking to additional information
- Body Text of 500 characters maximum. Include information on what, why, when (date and time), where (building and room number), who is involved or sponsoring, as well as contact information (name, phone, email) for more information.
- Requested start date
- Requested stop date (announcements may run for seven days maximum)
Headline: CalFresh Offers Students Free Money for Groceries
Abstract: Are you struggling to attend college and buy food? Visit the Health Center Monday/Friday to see if CalFresh can help get the food you need!
Displaying until October 9, 2018 11:59 PM
See also: https://phnrg.calpoly.edu/calfreshoutreach
Body text: CalFresh is a nutrition assistance program that can help students with some of their grocery expenses. Stop by the lower level of the Health Center to see if you are eligible. Drop-in hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays and 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday. Questions? Email [email protected].